ALL TECHNIQUES MUST BE CONTROLLED K.O IS NOT ALLOWED
CONTINUOUS FIGHTING RULES
1. The bout will be attended by 1 Referee and 2 or 3 side Judges.
2. If 2 side judges then the Centre Referee scores the bout also, if there is 3 judges the Centre Referee does not judge the fight. The Judges must give a winner, there can be no draws.
B. FIGHTING RULES
1. Competitors must present themselves to the Referee / side Judge in order to have their safety equipment checked. Fighters must remove all jewellery.
2. After inspection, Competitors will take up their fighting positions and wait for the command “Fight”
3. 1 round of 1 ½ minutes , or 2 rounds if a straight final.
4. Time can only be stopped by the Referee on the command, “Break”.
5. The Referee will then issue the command “Fight” and the contestants may resume their match.
6. Should one or both of the competitors leave the fighting area, the Referee will announce “Break” and instruct both fighters to resume their fighting positions - then continue the match upon the instruction, “Fight”.
7. Should the Referee see a competitor violating the rules, or intending to execute a prohibited action, he / she must stop the contest immediately and issue a Warning to the Competitor.
8. Competitors may have one Coach in their corner during the fight.
9. No coaching is permitted while the a fighter is injured and the coach must stay seated at all times, each coach has a red card and can use it to make an appeal, if they appeal is heard then they coach gets the card back, if not it is taken from them till the end of the fight, giving them no right to question any decisions.
10. A Competitor may request that the Referee stop the time in order to adjust his / her safety equipment. The Referee is under no obligation to do so should he / she feel that it will in any way disadvantage the other fighter.
11. Should a Competitor use “Time Outs” to catch his / her breath or get instruction from their coach, a warning will be given and they may have a point deducted or disqualified for “Match Delaying” or “Refusing to Fight”.
12. The required equipment is 10oz Boxing Gloves, Kick Boots (covering heel & toes), Shin pads, Head Guard (covering top of the head – face grill not allowed) & Gum Shield
For male – Groin Guards
For female – Chest Guards (13+)
Face Grills are not permitted at any point
All equipment must be in good repair with no rips or buckles
C. LEGAL TARGET AREAS
1. Head: Front, Back & Side
2. Torso: Front and Side
D. LEGAL TECHNIQUES
1. Kicks: Front, Side, Back, Hook (Sole of Foot only), Crescent, Axe (Sole of Foot only), Roundhouse, and Jumps & Spins.
2. Hands: All Boxing Punches, Jumping Punches, and Ridge Hand. No Chops or spinning back fist).
E. ILLEGAL TARGET AREAS
1. Top of the Shoulders.
2. Any part of the Neck.
5. Below the Belt
F. ILLEGAL TECHNIQUES
1. Avoiding or refusing to fight.
2. Executing techniques from the floor.
3. Turning face or back, running away, falling down, intentional clinching, blind techniques, wrestling and ducking below the opponent’s waist.
4. Attacking an opponent who is falling to the floor, or is already on the floor - that is, as soon as one hand or knee touches the floor.
5. Leaving the fighting area without permission.
6. Continue fighting after the command “Stop” or “Break” has been issued.
G. AWARDING POINTS
1. A score occurs when a Clean, Legal technique strikes a legal target area.
2. The Officials must see the technique actually strike the target.
3. Should a Fighter execute a jumping technique, he / she must land in the fighting area in order to achieve a score. The Fighter should also be balanced when landing with no part of his body other than his feet touching the floor.
4. All Techniques are to be executed with controlled power. Any Technique simply brushing or touching or pushing an opponent will be disallowed.
5. Contact is to be well controlled and light.
H. POINTS EVALUATION
1. Hand Technique 1 point
2. Kick to Body 2 points
3. Kick to Head 3 points
Note 1: Fouls:
Second & Third Warning: minus 1 point (both times)
Fourth Warning: Disqualified
Note 2: Exit Warning:
Third Warning: minus 1 point
Fourth Warning: minus 1 point
Fifth Warning Disqualified
I. SCORING SYSTEM (MULTIPLE ROUND RING SPORT ONLY)
Every Round is evaluated by each of the three Judges according to the 10 : 9 system.
1. 10 : 10 Indicates that the fighters have equal points
2. 10 : 9 Indicates that one Fighter is slightly better than the other.
3. 10 : 8 Indicates the one opponent is clearly better than the other.
J. CRITERIA FOR MINUS POINTS
1. Unclean Fighting style
2. Constant Clinching
3. Constant ducking, or turning of the face and or back.
4. Too few foot techniques. 6 kicks per round.
5. Excessive contact.
6. Heavy knock down.
7. Any other violation of Rules.
K. AWARDING THE FIGHT
1. Points: The winner of a Light Contact bout will be the Fighter to whom the majority of Judges have awarded most points. Or should both contestants be injured in the bout and cannot continue.
2. Disqualification: Winner by Disqualification of opponent.
3. Stoppage: Winner by Stopping the Fight: Should one fighter be totally superior to the other, should one fighter not be able to defend himself or continue to fight because of injury.
4. Abandonment: In the event of a contestant voluntarily giving up due to an injury, or refusing to continue the fight after the 1 minute break. The Opponent will be declared Winner.
5. Default: When the Contestants are called to the Tatami and one does not appear - two minutes will be given for the missing fighter where after the gong will be sounded and the Fighter who is present will declared Winner.
6. No K.O.’s are allowed.
L: REFEREE’S ATTIRE
All Officials are to wear Black Printed Revolution Polo Shirts, Black Trousers and Black Shoes
M: REFEREE LEVELS
Assistant – Can only Corner Judge
Centre – Can Referee in the Centre
Senior – Area Manager
During a round robin clicker scores must be used and given to the table official, if all 3 fighters win 1 fighter then the clicker scores will be added up and the person with the highest score over their 2 fights will be the winner and the person with the lowest score 3rd place and the the other one is 2nd. If it is a draw clicker scores from just the 1 min 30 round will be used.
referee's do not have to use the clickers, they can use a show of hands, however if they want to then they can ask the Judges to use clickers. if it is a draw at the end of a fight where clickers are used then please note the following
You do not add the two people's score up, it is a draw. Clickers must be re set for the over time.